From A Storehouse of Knowledge
panda, are herbivorous.A carnivore is, in common usage, any animal that eats meat. In scientific terms, a carnivore is a member of the order carnivora, which includes cats, dogs and bears, even though some of its members, notably the
- Canidae - including dogs, foxes, wolves and jackals
- Felidae - cats.
- Mustelidae - the badgers, otters, weasels and similar creatures.
- Procyonidae - the raccoons.
- Ursidae - the bears, including the panda.
- Viverridae - mongooses and meerkats.
Seals are sometimes included in the order.